- Joy Mix
Who's on your ballot? Meet Janet Kilkelly
In this series, we introduce you to the candidates running for election April 6 who share our democratic values. Please make your plan to VOTE in this election... by mail, early, in-person... it all counts.
Janet Kilkelly currently serves as City Clerk of Waukegan. Read her bio here. Find her on Facebook.
1) Why are you running for this office?
Because I have the experiences and education necessary to execute the duties of this office for our community. I am the most qualified and possess the desire to work hard everyday to have this office be accessible to our constituents and the individuals that utilize our services; FOIA's, agendas, birth and death certificates.
2) What do you believe is the most important issue facing the organization you’d be serving, and what should be considered when addressing it?
Customer Service, having staff cross trained and bilingual in assisting the public towards accessing the information they need.
3) Historically, voter turnout in local elections is very low. What would you say to community members to encourage them to get out to vote April 6?
Local elections are just as important than national perhaps more so since we are family friends and neighbors and our accountability needs to be checked by the voters of our community.
4) What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read or watched recently and why?
Who has time for that, it's election time - trying to get the vote out Editors note: We understand completely! :-)
5) Is there anything else you would like voters to know about you?
Please see attached for additional information about my qualifications, professional memberships and what I will do to streamline the FOIA process.